1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Build.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Pub' started by ~Death, Aug 4, 2014.

1. DevianTeK

DevianTeK Slave Master
    Owner

Yup, prices will definitely change in those 2 months. Likely you'll save a few bucks :). But just remember: Get a good monitor, too many people go cheap on the monitor and put all the money into the PC parts. It's important :) BenQ is a good start!

2. Samus129

Samus129 Donate 4
    Donator

Yes they can use it but it doesn't play as nice with amd cpus and video cards and can cause cycle times to miss so you wont get the full use of it usnles it has been fixed.

What is the price differnce there? in most shops here (canada) the evo is 10 - 20 dollars but they used a cheaper flash 5 year life vs 10 on the pro

3. DevianTeK

DevianTeK Slave Master
    Owner

amazon, it's a $60 difference. Regarding the flash life. 5 years if used with heavy read/writes nearly 24/7. In 5 years these will be old-tech garbage... Use your head :)

4. DevianTeK

DevianTeK Slave Master
    Owner

how does it not play as nice with amd cpus and video cards? The only difference would be if the amd board doesnt support the rated speed of the DRAM. Which is all dependent on your specific motherboard.

5. ~Death

~Death TheReaper
    Donator

I'll be adding a storage drive, and maybe a change of case, but other than that, your pick looks good dev :)

6. Samus129

Samus129 Donate 4
    Donator

you get the blue screen of death i would call that not playing nice not sure if windows 7 has issue still but i got it a lot with 8 haven't tried 8.1 yet if it has been fixed sorry for adding confusion.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - Newegg.ca ( board i used)
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL - Newegg.ca (ram)

for 60 bucks it is still temping as with the size of games are now getting too big. you end up installing and uninstalling a lot. so with just installing a game you are taking 1 day off its life span and another uninstalling it. i am assuming he would be putting the games on the ssd

7. ~Death

~Death TheReaper
    Donator

Ill only be installing a few games to the SSD, most will end up on the storage drive.

8. DevianTeK

DevianTeK Slave Master
    Owner

You can install and uninstall all day every day and I would make a large bet that you will never see a SSD fail before you eventually end up placing it for newer technology. BSOD Samus? That is not a result of the ram not working in an AMD board. It will post or it wont, BSOD is a result of many possible factors.

9. Rider

Rider Long Lost
    Donator

Okay, let's say I actually have money to spend. :p

What is your favorite company out of these, and why should I get a laptop made by that company rather than the others?

You can choose between: Alienware, Razor, Origin, Acer, CyberPower, Falcon Northwest, or other. If you are going to pick other, please pick one of the first 5, then tell me the other company and why.

Alienware: Alienware 18 HD Gaming Laptop Details | Dell Canada
    Razor: The New Razer Blade Pro: Work and Play Gaming Laptop - 17" Notebook Display
    Origin:
    EON17-SLX Extreme Gaming Laptop | Details and Features | ORIGIN PC
    CyberPower: Customize Fangbook Evo HX7-300 Gaming Notebook
    Falcon Northwest: DRX Laptops for Gaming and Business | Falcon Northwest

#29 Rider, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014