1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hamachi

Discussion in 'Off Topic Pub' started by cunningdevil, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cunningdevil

cunningdevil Head Admin & Web Staff
    Head Admin

Hmm, as you might know "Hamachi" enables the server to be played by other people without port-forwarding... So it means that the computer that has the server has hamachi and the player has hamachi... The server is of course set up for hamachi...
    The question that I have - is how does hamachi work???

Because our school blocked all of the servers, so we can't play during the free period or lunch... But using hamachi we were able to play on the server... Any ideas on how does it work???

2. Gasuros

Gasuros In your thread, makin' posts!
    Donator

You run hamachi, you set it all up. If you are running the server you give the people who you want to allow connection to your machine the hamachi IP or user ID.

There are tones of tutorials on Youtube and Google.

3. Cl

Cl Literally God
    Owner

Haha, Gas, cunning doesn't mean that, he knows how to use hamachi.

I think he means, how can, in this case, if i am correct, set up a computer at home with hamachi and when we are at school, go throught that server to connect to dreadcraft. Kinda like a proxy to access dreadcraft from school.

So, something like connecting to dreadcraft through: (my computer ip):smp.dreadcraft.net

4. cunningdevil

Head Admin

haha, gas i meant what clovis said...

5. Gasuros

Donator

Well run a computer at home with hamachi and let it be online. Install hamachi at schools machines and connect those machines using hamachi to your home computer using the hamachi IP assigned to you.

Simples.

6. cunningdevil

Head Admin

no, i meant - maybe it will be great - if the DC will have the Hamachi, too...I don't know - its just an idea...

7. Gasuros

Donator

It is rather pointless if you ask me, we would need extra staff, it would also consume extra resources and probably some other issues. That said it could bring more players = more donations but doubtful.

Hamachi is pointless and to be honest the server would be deserted, unless of course it is possible to link both of the servers, so when you connect to Hamachi it would actually connect to the actual server instead.

All up to Dev though.

8. cunningdevil

Head Admin

yeah thats what i meant - to link it to the real server...

But yeah - its all up to Dev, and if you guys think its useless - then no need in doingg it for sure...

9. Gasuros

Donator

I am not sure if that is possible.

Maybe this?

[BBvideo 425,350:6yzspjqw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ByycqPHy9I[/BBvideo]

10. Cl

Cl Literally God
    Owner

Gas, he means, since my computer has access to dreadcraft at home, he wants to know if he can connect to dreadcraft using hamahi to go to my computer from school, and then, connect throught to dreadcraft. So kinda as hamachi links his pc to my home server that acts as a proxy, and then, it connects to the server.

11. Magnalus

Magnalus Member

You guys need ta pay more attention in school...lol

12. Gasuros

Donator

I think it they might be wanting to play during lunch break ^^

@Clovis I have already gathered that.

Its much more simpler using Hamachi to connect to Dreadcraft from school computers, assuming that is possible.

If it was me, Id see other viable options apart from Hamachi, how is the connection being blocked, is the blocking on the school servers or on each individual computer etc...

So what is the exact issue? When you enter DC IP it will not connect? Have you installed Hamachi already to see if you can even install? Some schools block executables.

Have yo tried connecting to the server by using a non-school machine? IE a laptop? If that works then the blocker is on the individual system and most likely by-passable.

Install Hamachi on both school computer and at home. Using the school computer connect to see if you can even connect to the home computer, if not then this won't work. If you have already done so setup a Minecraft server on the home computer and see if you can connect to that from school using Hamachi.

13. Magnalus

Magnalus Member

Pffftttt lunch break is for pretending to do homework...and flirting with tthe girls...and throwing firecrackers down the toilet...

kids these days..sheesh!

14. Gasuros

Donator

I never heard anyone doing homework during lunch break, hence "HOME" work ^^
    Throwing firecrackers down the toilet every lunch break? Sounds like a lot of fun lol

Get a stink bomb, mix it up a little ...

15. Cl

Cl Literally God
    Owner

Um, Gas, did you read what i wrote? It's not easy to explain what we want to do.

We are trying to use hamachi to connect to dreadcraft.

Its being blocked at router level, meaning personal laptops, school laptops, school desk (pc/mac) are all blocked from accessing and connecting

Sure our school blocks .exe but there are always ways to bypass and exploit. Especialy if you know the flaws.

As stated in cunnings comments, we are trying to connect using both, school, and personal (mac and windows pc's)

Done all that already, hamachi goes thought but not minecraft to dreadcraft.

Hm, bro, you got a problem right there. You underestimate us. We aint loony's
    We are the HARDCORE kids who sit in class infront of laptops and that other gizmo stuff and play games, be on facebook, ect. ^.^

16. cunningdevil

Head Admin

Me and clovis were never caught... We did so many stuff - we even played TF2.... The stupidest guy from our friends is Bob... Today in history class he was playing a game of simulation of Football Manager, so he was saying constantly - Come On, Yes, NO!!, I won! - while the rest of the class was quite - and yet we were never caught!

17. Gasuros

Donator

No sugar* Sherlock.

______

Maybe look around how to redirect the connection, so when you at school connect to the machine at home to play on the home MC server it would redirect to DC instead. Id have to set it all up and see how to do it if is even possible.

Look through these threads, maybe you find your answer there.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/148 ... s-blocked/

SH + MC > HHS > Redirect to DC

SH: School Hamachi
    HHS: Home Hamachi Server

18. Cl

Cl Literally God
    Owner

This should show our current situation:
    [​IMG]

19. Gasuros

Donator

Clovis, CunningDevil laptops using wifi and School Desktop connect to your home server just fine. So maybe see if you can redirect your home server to Dreadcraft, I am not sure how but I am sure it could be possible.

Id have to set it up my self to actually see whats up.

20. Cl

Cl Literally God
    Owner

Yeah, i think thats what cunning was asking. Trying to see if anyone knew how to do it. But we weren't clear with what we where trying to do. Sorry about the confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.